Monday 26 May 2014

Origins of Mass 2013

So, what happened?  Well, in essence this conference turned out to be a poor fit for me, and I got bored.  It didn't help that I knew almost no one there, and that the bus drivers to get to the University were shockingly rude (seriously, the worst I have ever experienced).  So I rather lost motivation to keep writing about it.

Still, this is the chance whenever you go to a new conference.  And it gave me an excuse to go to Denmark, which I would not have done otherwise.  The conference trip to Egeskov Castle was also quite nice.

Now I'm in Paris, a city which somehow manages to live up to its daunting reputation.  I've enjoyed a weekend seeing cultural legends (the Louvre, the Champs Elysees, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame ...) and now I get to attend a conference that I should enjoy, Planck 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment